• pelespirit@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

How to say fuck you without saying fuck you:

“When we want to include everyone and not exclude anyone, questions are raised,” he said at an International Olympic Committee media briefing.

“Our subject was not to be subversive. We never wanted to be subversive. We wanted to talk about diversity. Diversity means being together,” he continued. “We wanted to include everyone, as simple as that. In France, we have freedom of creation, artistic freedom. We are lucky in France to live in a free country. I didn’t have any specific messages that I wanted to deliver. In France, we are republic, we have the right to love whom we want, we have the right not to be worshippers, we have a lot of rights in France, and this is what I wanted to convey.”

• assembly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I don’t know shit about art or culture but I thought it was just fun. Like a happy celebration of one of the few events that brings all of humanity together. I didn’t read deeply into it just enjoyed the happy atmosphere.

• harrys_balzac@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Those poor snowflakes. I sure hope they can find a safe place and feel valida…who am I kidding?

I’d love to see these kinds of folks genuinely suffer like they think they do.

• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Nonetheless, Bishop Robert Barron, of the Diocese of Winona-Rochester, in Minnesota, asked his 280,000 X followers: “Would they ever have dreamed of mocking in this gross, public way, a scene from the quran?” He responded that “we all know the answer.”

French freedom of expression has not been aimed solely at one religion, however. In 2015, gunmen killed 12 people to avenge controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in an attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo. The publication even republished the controversial caricatures five years later to mark the start of the attackers’ trial.

I’m amazed these fucks have supposedly forgotten about Je Suis Charlie. People make fun of Islam all the time. People make fun of Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans/pagans (holy shit people make fun of Wiccans LOL), native American/Australian aboriginal religions, atheism, agnosticism, scientology, Mormonism, and yes, Christianity. Get over it. I know how much you like to pretend to be the victim. It’s been the hot church topic since I was last inside a church 10~15yrs ago.

“We’re being so oppressed.”

“Many countries ban being Christian, we’re the worst-treated religion in the world.”

“They’re getting rid of Christmas.”

"Unlike other religions, Christianity doesn’t have a country; that makes us a stateless religion and oppressed."1

"Everyone hates us 'cause they wanna be us."2

“Gays are okay3 but only so long as they don’t get marr-OMG THE GAYS ARE GETTING MARRIED, NOT MY PURE, TOTALLY CHRISTIAN-EXCLUSIVE RITUAL ABOUT DECLARING COMMITMENT TO YOUR PARTNER.”

Oh boo-hoo, you’re just not used to being treated the same as everyone else. Grow up. The pastors at the church I went to as a kid would have probably enjoyed it or at the very least, had no strong opinions. They also didn’t care much about your sexuality or gender; they were just concerned about giving you the tools you needed to “pursue a successful relationship with god.” It didn’t matter if God accepted you or not, that was between you and God; as far as they were concerned, it wasn’t their place to judge. They actually wanted to do good, and their skin was thick enough that they didn’t get offended when someone joked about Christianity. Then you came along.

You, on the other hand. Slimy, cowardly and completely lacking in moral fiber. You’re weak. You can’t stand the idea of someone else enjoying things that you don’t. You can’t imagine a world where men can be feminine and women can be masculine. You can’t wrap your mind around the idea that men can love men, and women can love women. You collapse and cry the moment anyone sneezes in your general direction because you’ve isolated yourself in a Christian echo chamber, and now your brain is so holey you lack the mental strength to interact with anyone outside of your circle.

You claim that god gives you strength in the form of the sword of the spirit and biblical shield. You claim that he protects you and guides you. Yet, your god just sits and watches. Are you sure he’s your god, and that he’s on your side? If so, why doesn’t he stop the gays, the trans, the feeemoids, and other “”“DEIs”“”? Are you sure he’s on your side? The fact that the LGBT community keeps on trucking despite your best attempts makes it seem like the opposite.

Weaklings. Your pathetic squirming disgusts me.

1 Yes, they really said that. I shit you not, they’d swing between “American is a Christian nation, founded to be a beacon and safe harbor to Christians everywhere” and “Christianity is a stateless religion.”

2 Yes, that was a real thing my youth pastors liked to repeat. Tbh, they were actually pretty progressive; again, they didn’t care about your sexuality or gender because as far as they were concerned it wasn’t up to them whether or not Jesus would accept gay people. They were absolutely the stereotypical cringy Christian youth pastors though, and we thought they were the best because of it. Then a lot of church politics happened, which leads into the next footnote. If it weren’t for the politics, I would probably still identify as a Christian and go to that church today (for better or for worse).

3 Also, yes, that was the general reaction to homosexuality in the church I was in. It was actually a pretty progressive, non-judgemental church, believe it or not, right up until the supreme Court ruled that gay marriage was legal. Then the church’s small conservative faction lost their goddamn minds and managed to take over the church. No, I don’t know how that happened, just that the church went from having fairly progressive and accepting pastors to having an almost all-new cast of bigoted conservatives in the span of a month or two (the remaining pastors were very unhappy and left the church for other ones pretty soon after). They were “tolerant” of homosexuality so long as marriage remained a pure and perfect hetero-only ritual; because Christianity invented the concept of a marital bond.

• Zachariah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I’ll say, people can do whatever makes them happy. I still think shit comments like this looks ridiculous.

• FatherGascown@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah of course, no personal opinion towards something about the LGBTQ that you might not like, right? I fully support their freedom of expression, but I still think I have the right to say dressing that way makes them look like idiots.

• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

While I agree that it’s goofy, I think that’s kinda the point. Sometimes you just gotta let loose and be silly. In this instance, that means putting on a show that loosely resembles da Vinci’s Last Supper before having a blue Dionysus suddenly pop out of a serving tray. Is it ridiculous? Sure is, but that’s what makes it fun.

(I read people saying that it was supposedly to was meant to be The Feast of Dionysus and not The Last Supper; which makes a bit more sense because then you’d be drawing entirely from Greek mythology instead of a weird mix of ancient Greek and modern Christian beliefs.)

• FatherGascown@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I’d like to point out that even if they were taking full-on from the last support, I wouldn’t really care. I’m not a religious person, they could be having upside down crosses and it would be the same for me. I just think the way drag queens (is it still OK to call them that way?) are just a dumb form of expression, like many more than don’t belong to the LGBTQ world, but apparently nowadays expressing a negative opinion about them is taboo.

• manuallybreathing@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

If it upsets you because you just dont like it, try not having an opinion, maybe rolling your eyes, a little tut tut, and move the fuck on

• protist@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Isn’t the point to look ridiculous, for the purpose of expression and entertainment? It seems like you got the point. Good job!

• alx@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

B…but it didn’d even the last supper! Catholic integrists unable to recognize that, it’s hilarious and pathetic at the same time