• ditty@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Interesting tidbit about that provision in the 12th amendment! So we will for sure not have Gavin Newsom as the VP (or Katie Porter, Adam Schiff, or anyone else from CA).

Also let’s just scrap the electoral college entirely

• SiegeRhino@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’ve started to see a lot of posts from here recently, and while I like the concept of this community, not putting the answer into the titles means it’s just posting clickbait articles. If you’re open to changes that would make for much better content, even if just adding (true) (false) or (it’s complicated)

• Unruffled [he/him]@lemmy.dbzer0.comOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll add that to future posts in the description. Those were all the OG article titles btw… journalists amiright? :p

• mocheeze@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I learned from my journalism college courses that the journalists aren’t the same ones that write the headlines. One example I wrote: ‘One Less Car’ Event Aims for Fewer Cars on Road. That and a pretty funny one about abortion were how I learned that tidbit.

• pelespirit@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I honestly don’t care if he lives in the same house. All I care about is that trump isn’t successful in stealing the election somehow.

• OopsAllTwix@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Even if he loses, he’ll say he won. You shouldn’t be allowed to play checkers saying that, but he’s running for president. He’s done it once.

• Pronell@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I think it was Dick Cheney who ‘relocated’ from Texas to Wyoming to be Dubya’s running mate.

But in Harris’ case, a California-heavy ticket ignoring the Midwest could spell disaster.

• PhlubbaDubba@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s not against the rules but that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to do it.