• penquin@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I fucking hate, and from the bottom of my heart, how Biden is funding the genocide in Palestine, but I’m still going to vote for him this time, because we just can’t have a person like Trump in the white house, period. I still can’t figure out how he got in the first time. I’d never let my 10 year old lead a country, yet we let Trump do it for four fucking years. I, too, am sick of this “the lesser of two evils” bullshit, but this time I’m giving it a pass because of Trump. We already have a crumbling country and can’t afford another four years of this dude.

• spujb@lemmy.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

pictured: the literal reason bernie said these things.

piss off with your accelerationist bullshit. people are going to die and you are flaunting your privilege by admitting you don’t care when it comes.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

They don’t understand that Trump is just as pro-Israel as Biden, if not even more so considering he moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Congress is bipartisan pro-Israel. This isn’t even a presidential issue.

Biden just happens to be the guy doing the pro-Israel stuff at the moment, so he’s eating the lions share of the public ire.

“You have to support the Pro-Israel guy because the other guy is pro-Israel and both party leaders are pro-Israel and the cops are trained by Israelis and Israeli businesses have strong ties with the MIC and Big Finance needs Israel to control trade through the Suez and you’re outnumbered and outgunned so quit fighting, just vote for Joe Biden” just isn’t a winning message among progressive voters this year.

Maybe try it again in 2026.

• firadin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

The thing is: Biden is pro-Israel but also pro-Palestinians. He’s providing aid to Gazans and pressuring Israel to minimize civilian casualties. It’s not great, or even good, I agree - but it’s a whole lot better than Trump who would be pro-Israel and anti-Palestinians. You’d see humanitarian aid end and the US support total war instead of the (slightly) restrained version we’re seeing now.