• TheFeatureCreature@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The iPhone is stagnating really badly. This is yet another generation of overpriced, oversized, and overpowered glass slabs that bring nothing new of substance to the table. If anything, the interesting stuff is in iOS18 but that’s not saying much because iOS is kneecapped by its own limitations.

I got a 14 pro on sale a while ago and it’s simultaneously vastly overpowered for what I use it for and also frustratingly useless. All of that horsepower and tech… just sitting there doing nothing 97% of the time. It has 1tb of storage which is almost completely empty because you can’t use iPhones as storage. You can’t even drag-n-drop music onto them. I use an LG phone as my music player because it has both a headphone jack and allows me to simply drop my FLAC albums onto it.

• Squizzy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Maybe get an android, seems crazy that you would csrry both in this day and age.

Agree on the stagnation, that has been clear for a bit now, they need to stop the showcases it is embarrasing to list colours as some laudable new feature.

• joeynotjoe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

My mini 12 is holding on for dear life. I’ve been tempted to replace the battery, but holding out for this update to see… but the size of the mini is unbeatable.

• Nikls94@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

As a User of the 14 Pro, i think I‘ll pass this one as well. The updates, while neat, don’t really qualify spending 1400 for a new phone while mine’s working fine.