Thank you sir, I didn’t know the way to fix ailing welfare states was to make ChatGPT available to all.

It is truly the ultimate technofix.

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

“ChatGPT 7, please make me a sandwich, I’m hungry.”

As an AI language model, I cannot make a sandwich or any food for you.

However, because you have indicated that you are broke af, which is illegal in the State of Missouri, this conversation and your IP address has been reported to the state police.

• Amoeba_Girl@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I love the way these idiots keep incrementing the number on their ChatGPT fantasy as if it’s a sufficient image of the future and it’s going to get everyone on board. Complete failure of imagination, don’t try to picture any actual use for it or anything, just make it… more.

• 200fifty@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

“I know not with what technology GPT-6 will be built, but GPT-7 will be built with sticks and stones” -Albert Einstein probably

• ChicoSuave@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Sam Altman is trying to equate compute time with value but fails to see that value can be traded for goods and necessities. Wtf a lumberjack, carpenter, mechanic, plumber, steel worker going to do with compute?

• Evinceo@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

This is Sam “WorldCoin” Altman we’re talking about, I’m sure he assumes they can mine crypto with it.