• kescusay@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 days ago

Oregonian, here. Yeah, we’ve got our loonies on this issue. Bunch of people convinced that the MMR vaccine causes autism because of that murderous fucker Andrew Wakefield.

• Drusas@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 days ago

Any exemptions that aren’t medical should be illegal. This is literally the most contagious disease on the planet and it kills kids. If kids are going to go to crowded places together, like schools, they should be required to be vaccinated against measles.

• Flocklesscrow@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

And the other shoe is to hold the parents accountable.

No medical reason for exemption and little Johnny just got his class sick?

I dunno, you lose your right to vote or something. Or you have to be someone’s butler.

• Drusas@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 days ago

Absolutely. And it should be considered manslaughter + neglect if a child dies because some parents refused to vaccinate.

• pdxfed@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 days ago

Yes, but my spaghetti sky God says that vaccines make marinara taste bad so my reptilian brain is scared. What can I dooooo

• Drusas@fedia.io
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 days ago

Yes, and all of the people claiming this are supposed Christians. There is nothing in Christianity, either Catholic or Protestant, which precludes vaccination.

• jjjalljs@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

This really is the simplest solution.

Also, the government can’t really do a lot about it because of free speech laws, but like Google and Facebook and so on that gleefully spread anti-vax nonsense should be held accountable. Youtube could just refuse to host anti-vax videos. But I guess all they care about is money, and not enough people are angry enough to start hanging directors and c-suites yet.

• phorq@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      Español
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

Ever since I started drinking Holy water twice a day I’ve been feeling so much more hydrated. Explain that science!

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

The tragedy here is that these idiots are hurting kids. Like, hey, if you’re a grown ass adult who’s afraid of microchips, don’t get vaxxed, I hope you catch whatever it is and fucking die. But doing this to your child is abuse.

• MystikIncarnate@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 days ago

I’m not going to disagree with you. I just want to point out that if they manage to get their offspring infected when they also contract something… They have a chance of winning a Darwin award…

I’m not saying any of that is a good thing.

• 5oap10116@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

Really hoping that this outbreak can knock some sense into these idiots.

Unfortunately that’s not likely because it’s hard to cure selfish dipshit diaease.

• SapphironZA@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 days ago

Can we start a class action lawsuit in the international criminal court for the USA running a biological warfare program now?

• jeffw@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 days ago

What most people don’t realize is that childhood vaccinations don’t actually last forever. It’s been probably 30 years since I completed most of my vaccinations as a toddler, but when I got my most recent job (at a healthcare provider), they tested me and I needed boosters for some childhood vaccines due to losing immunity.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 days ago

Vaccines totally don’t work, the limes everyone was eating just didn’t have enough juice in them.