• billwashere@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

I wish some company that wasn’t a giant asshole was working on these type devices. I really think AR is a neat idea especially for someone like me. I have a terrible time remembering people’s names likely related to my ADHD. I mean people that I have worked with for years. It’s just like my brain freezes up. And forgetting words. And a hodgepodge of other little mental quirks.

Having a little bubble appear over their head with name and maybe other customizable info would be greatly useful. Of course an always on display that pops up random notifications directly in my field of view would not have any deleterious side effects… no none whatsoever. 😋

• Deceptichum@quokk.au
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

Lots of companies have AR glasses already on the market. Rokid, xreal, virtue, etc

• woelkchen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

I wish some company that wasn’t a giant asshole was working on these type devices.

The research behind such tech will proliferate no matter ho invented it first. People will be hired by other companies, they’ll apply whatever they learned, using different techniques. Specific techniques can be patented, the experience people gained cannot.