• popcap200@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I lost all respect for Ramsey when I came across a video of him saying he wouldn’t take a 0% interest million dollar loan. His opinions on finance are outrageous and dumb.

• aidan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

His whole thing is being anti-debt which is probably good for some people, but some people already have no debt

• june@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Yea. I have managed to never carried debt. Without that, what’s this guy got to offer me? In fact, the only thing the guy has to offer is the simplest financial advice there is: spend less than you earn.

But then a poor person comes along and says they can’t and his only advice is ‘earn more money’. Because it’s that easy, obv.

The guy is an out of touch chode who had some privileged upper middle class kid think he was the financial messiah once for saying ‘use a budget’ and let that go to his head.

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Debt comes with interest. If you don’t have to pay interest it’s free money.

• Cold_Brew_Enema@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Dave Ramsey can fuck himself. This is the same idiot that says you should give 10% of your money as tithe so that an invisible sky daddy doesn’t send you to hell to burn for eternity.

• homura1650@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Ramsey did not get rich from a $1 million loan.

He got rich by having $1.2 million in loans. Declaring bankruptcy, then building a financial media empire that teaches people to get rich by avoiding all debt; buying his books; attending his classes; and investing with financial advisors whom his organization carefully vets to assure that their kickback checks clear.