• Red_October@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

Democrats said not to, said there’s a virus spreading through raw milk and it could be dangerous. That was all it took. That was the only thing Republicans needed to hear to institutionally embrace Raw Milk.

Democrats should try launching a “Don’t jump off of cliffs onto sharp rocks” campaign. “It’s not safe. The science is clear, gravity is real, and the sharp rocks will hurt or kill you. Just don’t do it. It’s not about restrictions versus freedom, just don’t jump off of cliffs onto sharp rocks.” The next week TPUSA would run an article on how to own the libs at the five highest cliffs in the country.

• ssj2marx@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      24 days ago

Haven’t seen enough talk about this, but how much of the Republican under-performance in the midterms is down to Republicans being more likely to die during the pandemic? And Covid is still killing people, and about 43% more of those currently dying are republicans rather then democrats. Given that old people are dying, and old people are more likely to vote, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the political system stabilize around a Democratic majority for a while.

• Todd Bonzalez@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

Democrats should run ads that say “Republicans say they don’t plan to vote in November, but here’s the reasons why they should”, and just list stuff that’s good for society.

Republicans would never vote again.

• Admiral Patrick@dubvee.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

I’m okay with that part, but the flu virus mutating inside them and spreading to non-idiots is what worries me.

• puchaczyk@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Democrats should start promoting basic safety/health measures like don’t look into the gun’s barrel, take your heart medicine, don’t insert forks into a socket, etc. so that Conservatives can kill off their voter base more efficiently by being contrarian.

• finley@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    25 days ago

when i see this *crap, all i can think of is:

Even the best-behaved children can be difficult and challenging at times. But oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) includes a frequent and ongoing pattern of anger, irritability, arguing and defiance toward parents and other authority figures. ODD also includes being spiteful and seeking revenge, a behavior called vindictiveness.

edit: spelling, lol

• SuiXi3D@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 days ago

I was ‘diagnosed’ with ODD at a young age. The reason is because I could clearly see when adults were lying and trying to manipulate me, and when push came to shove I’d get angry.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

Diseases like flu and COVID kill more elderly than anyone else.

Someone remind me who the big Republican voter base is again…

• magnetosphere@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

As long as raw milk doesn’t give you any contagious diseases that can be passed on to sane, responsible people, I’m fine with this.

• NoIWontPickAName@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Oh fuck those guys!

Now it’s gonna be like anybody wearing a red hat, or Hindus and swastikas.

I drink raw milk because I know where it comes from, and for some reason it cures my lactose intolerance.

I don’t really understand it, and by really I mean like not at all, maybe whatever a probiotic is?

Idk, I just know that if I drink it every now and then, then it lets me drink regular store milk without getting sick, but it’s local and tastes better so🤷

• NoIWontPickAName@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Oh fuck those guys!

Now it’s gonna be like anybody wearing a red hat, or Hindus and swastikas.

I drink raw milk because I know where it comes from, and for some reason it cures my lactose intolerance.

I don’t really understand it, and by really I mean like not at all, maybe whatever a probiotic is?

Idk, I just know that if I drink it every now and then, then it lets me drink regular store milk without getting sick, but it’s local and tastes better so🤷