• schizo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It’s pair of 16gb 6000mt/s sticks that i just run at stock 4800mt, primarily because the BIOS fails to post every 3rd or so time, shits itself, and resets to defaults. I’ve quit fucking with it because, frankly, it’s fast enough and going into the bios requires a 2nd reboot and memory retrain, which will fail 50% of the time, and lead to the bios resetting itself, which leads to needing to reconfigure it which…

When the system is up, it’s perfectly stable, and stays fine through sleep states and whatever else until I have to reboot it for whatever reason (updates, mostly).

But honestly, if the memory controller can’t handle dual-channel 4800mt/s ram, then it’s really really fucked, because that’s the bare minimum in terms of support.

I’d also add I have 3 mobile AMD based devices with DDR5, none of which exhibit ANY of this nonsense. Makes me think their desktop platform may well be legitimately defective, given how many people have this issue, and how it doesn’t seem to be universal across even their own product stacks.

(And, yes, two of the mobile devices have removable ram, so it’s not some soldered vs dimm thing)