Hi! I’m currently looking onto perhaps running Jellystat. But the instructions seem to be a bit…lacking? Is there a step by step guide on how to get it up and running?

Thanks!

• schizo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    21 days ago

It’s the duality (hypocrisy?) around a lot of selfhosters.

They’re self-hosting for “privacy” from Google/Microsoft/whatever, but then install enough surveillance software that the CIA might think you’ve over done it and then watch everything they and any friends/family they share access with are doing.

I mean that’s cool if that’s what you want to do, but it’s still a weird thing.

• iturnedintoanewt@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

Depends on your judgement of other people, i guess. I have thousands of movies taking TBs of space on my NAS and lots of users. I’d like to have easy reports such as “movies never watched in a year with a low imdb score”. So i know what can I delete if needed. But to each their own.

• schizo
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        14 days ago

I mean, I don’t much care either way; I don’t expect privacy if I’m doing something on a computer owned by someone else so if they want to log everything that’s great.

It’s just that, personally, I don’t want to know what my friends and family are posting, or watching, or listening to (unless we’re like, having an actual conversation about it) and keep as much logging as remotely feasible turned off.

I’d be a LOT happier if the tools to do logging were just aggregate stats: in your case, you don’t need to know WHO watched it, just if it was watched, which is still very privacy respecting.

But uh, mostly all these analysis tools/log analyzers/metrics api endpoints are designed to log every single detail of every single interaction and that just… makes me feel skeezy.