Louis Rossman discuses many design flaws made by Apple over the years throughout their entire catalog.

This video also came out a few days after I praise the Macbook Pro series for being higher quality then their competition as well. 😂 🫣

• schizo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

I mean, duh? Influencers only get paid if they do and say what the sponsor paying them wants them to do and say. You can, of course, NOT do that, but you won’t get a 2nd check, so the whole job requires you play along with your bosses and do what they want.

There’s not a single really trustworthy influencer type out there that takes sponsor money, and you shouldn’t trust ANY of them to do anything other than what they have to do so they get paid.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 day ago

Influencers only get paid if they do and say what the sponsor paying them wants them to do and say

I mean that is patently untrue. LTT says negative things about Nvidia on a regular basis and they still sponsor him. And Intel. And probably AMD at some point.

Other reviewers like J2C straight-up stop accepting sponsorships from companies like ASUS.

• schizo
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

I also don’t think LTT ever calls anyone out about anything, ever. He’s made noises about ethics and sponsorship, but he’s never actively gone after a big sponsor, except maybe kinda ASUS and I’d bet that’s because everyone else did and he thought it’d be a bad look if he didn’t.

You mentioned nVidia, and I’ll mention what happened to Hardware Unboxed when they didn’t toe the marketing line. Sure, sure, they “apologized” after public outcry, but the point is they absolutely went after someone who didn’t stay in line with what they wanted the message to be.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 day ago

I also don’t think LTT ever calls anyone out about anything, ever.

…what? Have you ever watched the channel? He has entire videos dedicated to calling out a wide variety of OEMs. Apple, Intel, Nvidia, Google, MS, etc. etc.

He calls out more OEMs than any I’ve seen.

Steve of course is more thorough but LTT will complain all the livelong day.

• schizo
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 day ago

LTT

Fair enough; I haven’t watched LTT in a long, long time since his tech clown gimmick just irritates me, but he definitely used to be all over his sponsors, and not in a good way.