• shani66@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’d pickleball just a stupid version of badminton? Or tennis? That’s what it looks like.

• Bananigans@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I really thought it was something my gym teacher invented to make a game out of whatever equipment she has on hand. It looked like ping pong paddles, a whiffle ball, and some lowered volleyball nets just so we could play something inside when it rained…even though she knew all we really wanted were those rad ass 4-wheeled scooters of finger crushing.

• TheSambassador@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

It’s basically a cross between tennis and ping pong. The court is smaller, you play with a whiffle-ball type ball and hard paddle. There’s a spot right by the net called the “kitchen” where you can’t stand in while you volley.

It’s honestly just a fun game. It’s easier to pick up than tennis, and it’s more fun to play doubles. It’s also a little less physically taxing, it’s a really nice level of activity. Give it a shot sometime.

• TheSambassador@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Call it whatever you want, it’s just an enjoyable new sport that a lot of people like. I’ll never get why people feel superior about not liking something that other people like.