s2e18 “Up the Long Ladder”

I have changed zero dialogue, Pulaski just liked to get at it. With 3 known marriages, having dated Riker’s father, plus a fascination with Klingon culture, it’s no wonder she took this opportunity.

• Snot Flickerman@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I’m in the minority of people who disliked Beverley Crusher.

Please don’t hit me.

But it’s funny, because it’s total opposite for me. I felt like Pulaski was relatable and Crusher was boring. But I’m a fucking weirdo so whatever.

• ummthatguy@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Out of curiosity, what doctor(s) would you rank up top? Personally, it’s close between The Doctor (EMH) and Phlox.

• acockworkorange@mander.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

The doctor would be at top to me. His arc is fantastic too. Phlox and Bones were good in different ways.

PS: I always forget Bashir is a doctor. I’ve quit paying paramount so I’m missing some of new trek. Nurse Chapel deserves an honorable mention. Hugh came back from the dead an ass. M’Benga is a really good doctor. I’d say on par with Picardo’s.

• ummthatguy@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

All good points. Bashir isn’t all that great given his ethical problems dating patients. Both iterations of Chapel do well. Hugh’s personality shifts echo the overall writing on DISCO. M’benga is the man, whether in sickbay or the frontline. His parental decisions are a bit suspect (the buffer), but come from a place of love.