• Monument@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Majors said about how Downey was afforded a comeback despite legal troubles. “I didn’t really get that.”

I wanted to make a shitty joke about how it’s been a year since Majors hit his girlfriend, and how RDJ went to rehab and spent … what, 8-13 years being a pariah?
    Elapsed time notwithstanding, RDJ is an addict and while a lot of things around addiction are choices, being addicted is not a choice. Majors committed domestic violence. Full stop. I have no idea why, but the signs point to him being capable of controlling himself and choosing not to in this situation.
    RDJ went to rehab, and worked hard to reclaim the prestige he’s earned. Majors is whining in a magazine after showing no remorse for his actions.

Also, seriously, Variety?

In Majors’ trial verdict, Majors was also found not guilty of one count of intentional assault in the third degree and one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree.

Did they forget he faced 4 charges? He narrowly avoided jail for third-degree assault and second-degree harassment. Also RDJ is not appearing in an upcoming 2017 movie unless there are some exciting developments in time travel I’ve previously been unaware of.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Also RDJ fessed up and put in the work to not be that person instead of whining

• magnetosphere@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I never got very excited about Kang, really. I didn’t really think there was any point in trying to beat Thanos in the “intergalactic superbeing” department (apologies to any comic fans who are having a heart attack right now). But… RDJ as an embittered genius, previously nonpowered, disfigured human who’s ALSO king of his own country? Yes, please! I will watch the hell out of that!

Also, fuck you, Majors.

• Midnitte@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’m sure Grace Jabbari is heartbroken, too.

Perhaps Majors should return to that 52 week intervention program he’s serving.

• Nuke_the_whales@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Nobody wants that you abuser. Go away. If we get more Kang it’ll be through Renslayer who is a female Kang.

Frankly thought I hate the RDJ casting. Lars Mikkelsen would have been a better Doom

• Bosht@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Never liked Kangs character and honestly thought his delivery was a bit shit. Could be direction though. On top of him being an abuser, he can fuck off into the shadows and I sure as fuck wouldn’t miss him. This is my reservations with RDJ being the pick aside. I do think he is a solid choice, and am excited for a Doom arch since the character is far more interesting than like 80 percent of the ‘meat head’ type heroes that star in the movies. Hopefully they give Doom the depth he deserves. I still think MCU picked RDJ based more on ‘look Iron Man is back!’ money grab mentality more than him being a good pick. That’s beef with MCU though. I know RDJ will knock it out of the park.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The fuck is this headline?

Of course he desperately wants fame and money again. He’d beg for the opportunity. But his ass got fired in a way that threatened a billion dollars of planning. Frankly he’s lucky they didn’t Iron Man 2 his ass and turn his recasting into a joke. I bet Terrance Howard’s eager to get back in.

• metaStatic@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Replacing? Kang? Jesus, I didn’t think I had lost interest so hard I missed an entire avengers villain. If this doom shenanigans goes ahead it needs to be a stand alone film, can’t go making references to movies and shows no one has ever seen.

• Moobythegoldensock@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

He’s only appeared in Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and the Loki TV series so far. They were really slow rolling the new villain.

• neuracnu@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Thanos was introduced in a post credits scene after the first Avengers film (2012), a solid 6 years prior to Infinity War. Marvel takes their time. And with good reason; extra time to vet folks and change course if needed.