Via Pics on Reddit as “Italian right wing prime minister Giorgia Meloni reacts to two girls kissing at the olympics”

Post was originally titled “Lesbian Kiss at the Olympics / Far Right Italian Prime Minister Reaction” but the pictures are unlikely to have been taken at the same event.

• naevaTheRat@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

fascist creep is repressed queer therefore hateful of visible lesbian romance is blaming homophobia on repressed queer people.

• naevaTheRat@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Well, rather than gloating about how stupid I am and failing to uphold the standards of behaviour of the community you registered at. Why don’t you explain what you think the person was referring to wrt envy etc? Or are you more interested in mockery than being helpful?

• Scary le Poo@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

You seemed to not understand what they were saying, which was that Meloni is sitting there with deep seated rage and jealousy. She has repressed her feelings her entire life. She has even persecuted others for not repressing themselves. But here, at the Olympics, in front of everyone, here are 2 people just being themselves, as she longs to be. Seeing this brings up deep seated rage and jealousy.

So what people are noticing is that that expression is not disgust. That expression is jealousy and rage. I would go so far as to say that to me it looks like she is crying on the inside.