Bottom Line

The only purported evidence for the claim that Khelif is trans comes from an undisclosed test performed by an allegedly corrupt sports governing body that may have shown she has a DSD condition. The IOC has said Khelif meets its requirements for participation, with Adams, the IOC spokesman, specifically clarifying, “This is not a transgender issue.”

Because Khelif is not transgender, claims attempting to make her victory against Carini an issue about transgender rights or “woke” politics are without basis.

• Plum@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Quillette?

Never heard of it.

It has been described as libertarian-leaning,[2][3][4] “the right wing’s highly influential answer to Slate”[5] as well as an “anti-PC soapbox.”[6]

• ArbitraryValue@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

That doesn’t make it wrong in this specific case or even necessarily less trustworthy in the general case. The Wall Street Journal is generally considered a conservative-leaning newspaper but their reporting is very reliable.

• Plum@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

We’re at a point where vetting news corps is an important step in wading through disinformation and vitriol.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Reliably conservative? Sure. Reliably factual. Eeeeeeh, that’s stretching a bit.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Trusting it is just as much being in a partisan bubble. I don’t trust any of them honestly. Any corporately owned media I automatically have a bias against. And that’s not a bad thing. Because I know what their bottom line is and I know what’s important to them.

That does not mean that they cannot have a good reporters and reporting. That happens much less often. Far less often than it used to even. But you only trust reporters. And those who have earned it. The outlets that they belong to are superficial.

Rupert media is using the outfits former credibility to launder batshit opinion and twisted facts to push an agenda as much as any place else these days. Even if I tend to agree with things they publish that I see. You never trust a capitalist. Well to do anything other than enrich themselves that is.