I look left and right, and I’m the only one who…

• Achyu@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    27 days ago

I dumped Firefox on my android phone and went back to Chrome because, good grief, it was taking nearly twice as long to open and load pages

Really?
    I use both Firefox and Chrome on Android, and both seem similar and ok to me. Firefox appears to be a bit faster, with uBlock, as my network is not always fast.

Which websites do you mainly use?
    I keep chrome mainly for the google websites and services.

• schizo
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

To be fair, I blame the phone more than Firefox for the performance, though at the end of the day, it’s still slower than Chrome.

I went cheap and low spec (OnePlus Nord N30, because it had a headphone jack AND sdcard) for my last phone replacement and, for 99% of the things I do, it’s perfectly fine.

That last 1% is kind of annoying and browsing falls into it.

It’s a case where loading a bookmark from the home screen will crash about 1/3rd of the time with Firefox and will routinely take long enough that I’m sitting there annoyed at how long it’s taking to load. No specific sites are better/worse, but it’s all mostly self-hosted stuff: redlib, Lemmy, PeerTube, Firefish, etc.

It’s a case of it being basically instant for Chrome, and 5+ seconds for Firefox - and more like 20-25 in the case of Firefish to actually load all the content - so I’m assuming Google is doing some background pre-loading or something that’s causing the discrepancy.