• Stampela@startrek.websiteOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

That’s War Thunder, and somehow it happened a dozen of times. Like, do you need to win that argument that much? lol

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          17 days ago

There’s reasonable differences here, at a glance War Thunder has everything aside from infantry combat, while World of Tanks has just tanks. Warplanes and Warships are two different Worlds. A little deeper, and WoT has a more arcade gameplay so while it’s still fairly realistic as far as mechanics, there’s things like health bars, medikits that can instantly heal crew members (that might be temporarily unavailable due to high caliber tank shell through the armor, and into them…), plus some balancing of things to at least try keeping the game fun. War Thunder is a more realistic experience, with fun things like being hit across the map, then having the shell shatter into the tank and killing the crew so that game is over for you. Regularly. I do like their warplanes though.

There’s also Armored Warfare, but that’s a forgotten one because it was a World of Tanks clone with modern tanks, it got mismanaged to hell, sold off, and then the new management turned out epic greedy. Mir Tankov is, for lack of better words, the Russian offices of World of Tanks after the invasion, so they saved face by cutting ties with what was technically the headquarters. There’s WarBirds, that’s probably 20 years old by now and it shows. Warplanes: WWI Fighters is a lovely VR game that channels your inner Red Baron thanks to realistically arcade physics.

Yeah. You didn’t ask for any of that :D

Edit: and I just realized it was about the War Thunder forums. Oh well.

• J'Pol @lemmy.sdf.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            17 days ago

I hope that you realize, in good faith, that you embodied that comic. Maybe this weekend I’ll install War Thunder and make my teammates cry as I try to use a Sidewinder

• J'Pol @lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        17 days ago

Ah, I’ve never played either and get them confused sometimes. I’ve thought about it a good bit because sometimes get the itch for dogfighting action.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          17 days ago

War Thunder has, IMO, good warplane fun. Or it had anyway, I haven’t played it in years. If you have a VR headset I suggest having a look at Warplanes: WWI Fighters on Steam. Very fun!

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            17 days ago

Oh you just reminded me that Sony made it so that the PSVR2 headset will connect to a computer now as well.

• teft@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 days ago

Yes, I do have to win the argument. Always. Look the fact of the matter is the Defiant has a cloak. I know everyone says you can’t prove it but I was able to get a hold of some holophotos and they prove that she can cloak. Take a look at this photo. Why else would they have a classified area? Also don’t share this with Starfleet security, I’m not supposed to be sharing it.