• Kidding_me@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

$800 million spent in merger fees, they are almost at their $1billuon investment into “lowering prices”

• schizo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

So maybe it’s just me, but if you have to make promises of spending a billion dollars so that the government will let you buy your next biggest competitor, perhaps you’re already too damn big and don’t need to be gobbling up your entire industry?

Like I said, just a thought.

• JoshuaFalken@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

Pretty big thought you’ve got there.

Have you considered joining forces with another influential thought leader such as @[email protected]? Together you could better serve the commenting community across the platform.

• girlfreddy@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 days ago

Pretty small effort you’ve put in there.

Have you considered migrating over to X where it seems you’d fit in better?

• JoshuaFalken@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 days ago

Damn, no one got the joke about the two top commenters in the thread becoming the same entity?

Oh well, it was pretty low effort.

• cAUzapNEAGLb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Fuck Kroger

They killed Lucky’s. It was the best damn grocery store I’ve ever had. It had such potential.

• circuitfarmer@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

We sorely need some politicians who are not bought and paid for in this country. The amount of deregulated bullshit, or regulations not being upheld, is too damn high.

• LrdThndr@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

Sucking corporate dick is the one thing the courts do best, so I can basically promise you’ll get your wish.

• Cosmonauticus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 days ago

Irrelevant to the discussion but Kroger fucking sucks as a grocery store in general. I think I’d rather go to Walmart than Kroger

• whodatdair@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 days ago

Their onions are often rotten inside despite the outside looking fine. There’s a local Korean market near stocks local produce as well and it’s always way better. Kroger has reached the “line must go up” enshittification point, it seems.

• bec@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I don’t see any concrete promise made, much less any penalty holding them to a concrete promise.