You reply in the comments, and i try to guess your age based on a short conversation we have. That’s it!

• GrammarPolice@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 days ago

Oh, that kinda cryptography. I used to mess around with that stuff too. I had one where the letters in the alphabet were correlated with the order in which the letters followed each other on a qwerty keyboard e.g a is to q, b is to w, etc. But i have to say using colours is very creative.

So, what’s obvious to me is that a lot of your hobbies are a form of creative expression. Do you feel like a creative person at heart, and how does that influence your interactions with the outside world?

• Call me Lenny/Leni@lemm.eeM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

Yes, fully. I’ve thus far appreciated the power to tap into the creative side of me to unlock new hidden paths in a one road world. In my line of work, which involves a lot of question-asking, it’s also a knack someone would be at a disadvantage without.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          13 days ago

For a lack of a better way to explain it to someone under normal circumstances, it’s a cross between reporting and public relations, where I do reports on good news and peoples’ contributions to weigh against society’s “pessimism”, think criminal records and legal confessionism (and then think of the reverse).

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            13 days ago

Oh that’s definitely interesting, and i definitely see how the creativity can come in. Do you report for a newspaper or news article?

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                12 days ago

Okay, and final question. What does your relationship life look like? I’m not strictly talking about partners, but also friends and family?

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  12 days ago

On the family side, two birth parents, one adoptive mum, one dad who married my adoptive mum after I was born, six older sisters (of note, my second oldest is female-to-male transgender, so I say five older sisters and one older brother if I’m speaking in present-tense) who were adopted by the dad before he married my adoptive mum, one grandfather (birth mother’s father, also is my adoptive mum’s adoptive brother), and six aunts (my birth mum, like me, is the seventh daughter of her parents). Sadly, though, I am distant from all of them.

In terms of social relations, aside from a BF, I haven’t had anymore than two friends because I’m not good at making friends. One of them is the son of a friend of my adoptive mum and the other one is his GF. I am like a third wheel, so it has felt arguably dull at times. I’ve had a total of one fully realized relationship and it has been rocky and confusing enough that if someone were to ask me what my relationship status was, there would be so many traps in trying to explain it. Some would define the relationship as having ended while others would not. The BF had an incident once that led to the whole reason for this and this is also why I met the two friends (who of note also have four “children”, that is, they “adopted” kids of their own but the kids are only ten years younger than them and it’s unclear if it’s closer to friendship or parenthood, which is similar to their relationship which is a QPR if you know what that is).

I also have a pet raccoon dog, and my BF has a ringtail cat, though I’ve been taking care of him.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    11 days ago

That first paragraph is a clusterfuck of sentences i still can’t wrap my head around after multiple attempts at re-reading. Also, kids ten years younger than the parents? Wtf is this? Also, WHAT THE FUCK IS A QPR?

You also own a raccoon dog? And your BF owns a ringtail cat? What kind of weird animals to own are those?

I’m genuinely baffled as to how weird your life is? And i mean no disrespect, but are you aware that your current life circumstances are weird (at least that’s how i would phrase it)?