• fsxylo@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 hours ago

I saw the poster without knowing anything about the game and thought it looked like bootleg shitty guardians of the galaxy.

Apparently it was even worse than my 0 expectations.

• lobut@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

I’ve had a friend tell me that her stream group (and her) or whatever was happy to see these woke games die. I’m only looking at this superficially but what about this game is woke? I just thought it was shit.

• Odo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      50 minutes ago

I believe the game showed pronouns on the character select screen. That’s all it takes to make certain people mad, unfortunately.

• Gamma@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      50 minutes ago

LPT: I t’s usually a safe bet to ignore anyone deriding a game for its “wokeness,” their opinions are reactionary and not based in any reasonable sense of reality

• Annoyed_🦀 @monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 hours ago

Concord is such a terrible name it doesn’t grab attention at all. The game keep popping up on my feed and i just take a glance and move on. It’s Sony’s greatest blunder.

• CanadianCorhen@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 hours ago

Just watched the gameplay trailer.

Immediately noticed it looks like there’s 10 heroes, and 3 naps…

I mean, it looks like fun, very overwatch esq

• a1studmuffin@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

Pretty massive screw up from the marketing team involved. To try and sell a hero shooter for $40 upfront from an unknown dev studio in a crowded market of free-to-play hero shooters is pretty risky. Even Overwatch 2 saw the writing on the wall and went F2P.

• schizo
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 hours ago

…how does ANY game cost $400,000,000?

No, seriously: does that include an unlimited drugs and hookers for the c-levels budget or something?