• uzi@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

Are you saying that in relation to price? Because 4060 beats 1080 Ti.

• schizo
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 hours ago

I think his point is that the 11gb in his 1080ti is still more than you get in any card that doesn’t cost more than a 2000 Toyota Camry.

• FiveMacs@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 hours ago

You got it…

I’m fully aware the newer cards out perform mine, but I haven’t really had any issues running games and heard nothing but ram being a video card bottleneck for even the 40series stuff. It’s hard to justify without paying more then I bought my entire PC for new

i9-9900k, 1080ti sc2. I went too hardcore when I built it and am feeling it now lol

• schizo
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 hours ago

Totally understand that.

I’ve got basically four “gaming computers” here, and the one that eats 90% of my gaming time is the non-extreme ROG Ally, which is very much the potato of the bunch.

The desktop is a 7700x with a 3080, and it’s faster, but like, not THAT much faster in any way that I can find to care about. (It’s driving a monitor with like 6x the pixels, so the performance leap isn’t as noticeable as you’d expect.)

…honestly don’t think I’m likely to buy another gaming desktop given what AMD and Intel are doing with APU stuff for handhelds this upcoming generation.