I just got hold of an AMD RX7800 XT to replace my current Nvidia RTX3080.

I’m likely overthinking this but from what I understand I should just be able to swap the cards then uninstall the Nvidia drivers correct?

I’m running EndeavourOS which I installed with the option to include the Nvidia drivers by default so dunno if that changes anything? I’ve been daily driving Linux for exactly a year as of this month but I still kinda feel like a newbie sometimes lmao. Thanks in advance!

(Update) I got my AMD card installed and loaded up Wayland with no issues, only thing I had to install was the AMD Vulkan drivers for Steam.

• HouseWolf@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

Selling it to try make some money back.

I built this PC before I even thought about switching to Linux.

• AwkwardLookMonkeyPuppet@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

I have a Aoris 3070 ti and it has been problematic with Arch KDE Plasma. I never had issues with Pop and Gnome. So I’ve been thinking about getting an AMD card too, but I bought this 3070 ti at the height of the GPU shortage and spent $1000 for the stupid thing. Idk what to do with it, because I’ll definitely never get anywhere close to that kind of money for the thing.

• HouseWolf@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          50 minutes ago

Yeah I wasn’t expecting to make most of the money back, But if I can get a bit then it’s still money towards something I will use.