• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

How the fuck could he host it after Madonna murdered him on stage in the 80’s!?
    Does no one remember that?

• Notyou@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

I remember that too! I think it’s another one of them Mandela’s. They must be shifting into all sorts of multiverses if no one remembers the shit Madonna got into with South America and drug running.

• Nollij@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 day ago

It was part of the completely true documentary of his life. The guy who played the late Mr Yankovic seems pretty good. He might have a future in the biz, if only he could find a role in a kids’ fantasy movie.

• toynbee@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

I think they’re referring to the documentary with Daniel Radcliffe playing him (but I never saw it so I can’t be certain). Apparently Weird Al said they could just write whatever story they wanted about his life or something like that and seemingly they ran with that.

I generally like Weird Al and his works, but I don’t really get that … Joke? Seems like it makes the “documentary” pretty pointless.

• karl_chungus@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          16 hours ago

It’s literally a parody of biopics, which now that I think about it is the perfect way to make a Weird Al biopic.

Also based off a funnyordie video a few years ago with Aaron Paul as Weird Al.