How the fuck are these morons even qualified to vote?

• Unruffled [he/him]@lemmy.dbzer0.comOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 hours ago

It’s not much of a conspiracy tbh, the science on cloud seeding has been published and is publicly available. You might be getting mixed up between cloud seeding, geoengineering, and chemtrails. See this article for the difference between those terms. Tldr is that chemtrails are a conspiracy theory, climate engineering isn’t yet in use (though it’s being researched to help mitigate climate change) and cloud seeding is in regular use.

• Spiralvortexisalie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      12 hours ago

I am not against your information but it feels like a lot of words to say I was right and purposefully conflates different things. If you can literally make it rain, how do you not control the weather?

• Jardthebard@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

I’ve done some studying on cloud seeding in college. By far not an expert but took some classes on it. It requires storms to already be developing to be able to seed the clouds. All it is doing is helping the storm to produce more rain and less hail. It’s not creating anything out of thin air. There is no controlling the weather just giving it a (very small) nudge. In fact, it is so minor that there’s a lot of controversy as to whether it’s even worth the time and effort to do but studies do indicate that it is successful in increasing rainfall throughout the life of a storm.

• Unruffled [he/him]@lemmy.dbzer0.comOPM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 hours ago

I think the problem is just how you define “weather”. Cloud seeding can improve the probability of rain in a specific small area. But it’s not viable for changing large scale weather patterns, and requires specific environmental conditions to be effective. So there’s a vast difference between creating a hurricane, for example, and generating a localised rain cloud.