• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

I remember as a kid I went to my friends house every sunday.

One sunday, the whole neighborhood of kids was on his front porch.

I had brought my spiderman toys. I had a big box of them. My friend and I liked sharing toys.

As I was approaching his front porch, one of the kids yelled “AAAAHHHH!!! IT’S LOST_MY_MIND!!! RUN!!!”

And they all scattered, including my friend. Then that same kid yelled “WAIT!!! HE HAS TOYS!!!” And they all ran up to me.

I can’t say thats the lowest I’ve ever felt in my childhood, but that’s only because I’ve lived through a mother abandoning me, cancer, 17 car crashes, kidney stones, an abusive alchoholic father, being an athiest in a catholic school, 9/11, being cheated on by the woman I thought I was marrying, and losing various other people in my life that I was close to over the years.

But for most people, who haven’t had shit lives, it would probably be the worst feeling in the world. Knowing the people around you only care because you have material items they want. (And in the case of that kid, wanted to literally steal from me)

• 5oap10116@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 hours ago

Yeah its all shitty and sad…but…17 car crashes? I feel like it can’t be a few mistakes and bad luck.

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 hours ago

It’s the main reason I’m 41, and never even attempted to get a drivers liscense. 12 of them were before I was 10. And that doesn’t even include the multiple times my dad drove drunk at 90mph on the highway, going the wrong way, running from the cops. I didn’t include those because nobody got hurt, and nothing happened. Although technically, if I did add it, I could add getting shot at by police.

• bizarroland@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 hours ago

I thought I was cursed and I’ve had 4 in 20 years of driving. 17 sounds like a serious skill issue.

But hey, this guy’s got Spider-Man toys maybe we should cut him a break.