• davel@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 hours ago

they poisoned people in the UK with a fucking nerve agent.

Yes, they did. How often is that happening? Proportion.

• prole@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 minutes ago

We’re not talking about taking out former spies in foreign, sovereign nations you dolt. I used that as an example to show just how brazen and open they are about this stuff. Using such a dangerous method, on foreign soil, is basically unheard of.

If you actually want to talk about frequency, we should be looking at the defenestration cases…

This shit is happening so frequently that there are several wiki pages dedicated to listing them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspicious_deaths_of_notable_Russians_in_2022

Scroll down to “see also” for a long list of related articles about the Russian government assassinating citizens and low-level bureaucrats.

Assuming you actually give a shit

EDIT: apparently Lemmy markdown doesn’t like the link. For anyone who can’t figure out why it’s not working, or for some weird reason thinks I would make up a wiki page with a title that specific:

Suspicious deaths of notable Russians in 2022–2024

And, again, after checking out the main article, take a look at the “see also” section.

• davel@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        21 hours ago

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.

In any case, the defenestrations I’ve heard of have been within Russia, not outside it.

Using such a dangerous method, on foreign soil, is basically unheard of.

Not unheard of. US drone strikes on US citizens is a no-less dangerous a method.

• prole@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 minutes ago

It’s almost as if the markdown on Lemmy changed the text of the link so it’s not valid.

And you couldn’t take the 3 second to fix it, and then actually learn something.

Well done.

You also seem confused about what we are even talking about. We are referring to software developers WITHIN RUSSIA. So the risk of defenestration is very real. Again, to repeat myself, I only brought up Russia using chemical warfare on foreign soil as an example to show how open and brazen they are.

I edited the original comment with a fixed link if you actually care