Following the other thread (550 upvotes and 366 comments at the moment: https://lemmy.world/post/16211417), one of the complaints that people had what that some communities only exist on lemmy.ml and don’t have alternatives on other instances.

Let’s discuss this and see if we can organize together.

I suggest to have one topic per comment so that is is easier to discuss.

• azuth@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Do you think I will somehow be blackmailed because you tagged me dude?

I am downvoting all participants in this grassroots campaign against lemmy developers and diverse political opinions.

• rglullis@communick.news
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Nothing in this discussion is against Lemmy developers, and no one is trying to silence their voices. It’s just about creating/finding alternatives for those that are not interested in interacting with that instance.

Also, me calling you out is not “blackmailing”, just me ensuring that downvotes like yours don’t become a pile-on.

• azuth@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

… Do you think I can just keep the last comment in mind or something?

The discussion takes place in a post linking https://lemmy.world/post/16211417 . Surely that brings it into scope? The linked post begins

I feel like we need to talk about Lemmy’s massive tankie censorship problem

That does seem hostile to me. As does the drive to try and split communities

Also, me calling you out is not “blackmailing”, just me ensuring that downvotes like yours don’t become a pile-on.

You have to be kidding me. Why would tagging people who downvoted a post prevent a pile-on of downvotes? Is it a lemmy bug? Or is it that some people who would want to downvote your post would be intimidated by being ‘called out’? Maybe my English is bad but vote->get called-out seems to fit ‘blackmail’ just fine.