• 👍Maximum Derek👍@discuss.tchncs.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

When I was degoogling a couple years ago I had a heck of a time choosing between protonmail and fastmail.

I went with the fastmail and, while I have no complaints, I’m starting to glance at greener grass.

• DesolateMood@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

I love Proton and will advocate for it any chance I get, but I can also see that it might be good to have people like you who don’t put all their eggs in one basket

• alansuspect@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

I degoogled to Proton mail initially. I didn’t like that I couldn’t search my emails (a security thing or something? But annoying) and then their Drive was absolutely useless on macos. I had about 100gb and it couldn’t sync even half of it.

After much help from support I eventually moved away to a combo of Fastmail, Mega and OnlyOffice.

• Blu@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 days ago

I did the same thing. The first privacy-oriented service I heard about was Proton. And, to be fair, they’re quite good. But the email search issues and struggles I had with their bridge eventually turned me off.

I left for mailbox(.)org and haven’t looked back. It’s great Proton has so many cool services, but the last thing I want is to get dependent on one company again, not after how hard it was to get away from Google.

• John Richard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

If you were on Proton then you wouldn’t be able to sync your calendar & contacts and you’d have to share your private keys.