Hey I know this is obvious but I didn’t think I’d ever look much different ever because from 20 to 25 I still looked the same. I was skinny, no fat and weirdly I looked unhealthy compared to now because I am a bit “rounder” now in my face.

I am only 31 years old so I guess I should do some sport but man people don’t take how you look for granted and let yourself go. I am no where near overweight, healthy 76 kg at 176 cm but I am sure my bodyfat % might be a bit to high and it is crazy how much impact it has on ones face.

• Today@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

You think your drivers license picture is terrible until you look at it 5 years later.

• alyth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

My driver’s license photo looks like the mugshot of juvenile criminal. They’re printed desaturated in my country too which makes it worse.

• edgemaster72@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I never understood people’s concern over age and their looks until I hit my 30s. It’s not been a kind decade.

• Today@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Give it 20 more. Then you’ll wonder why all the people on your social media look so old.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

People often find a lot of change in their thirties (I sure did). I don’t know if it’s metabolism slowing down or just life getting more crowded and sedentary for so many of us. I was super skinny all my life - in my teens I had to force myself to eat until I was uncomfortably full just to stay even - but in my thirties I got a little belly. I also lost most of my hair in my mid twenties, so I looked like a different person between 20 and 30.