• UKFilmNerd@feddit.ukM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I find these articles strange. Aren’t these people just professional at guessing how much a film will make?

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Shawn Levy directed Deadpool & Wolverine, which stars Reynolds as the fun-loving, foul-mouthed antihero Deadpool/Wade Wilson and Hugh Jackman as the introverted, intense Wolverine/Logan.

The first Deadpool made history when opening to $133.7 million domestically in February 2016, the biggest start ever for an R-rated title — a record it still holds — and proving that a superhero pic could draw big crowds despite the restrictive rating.

Disney CEO chief Bob Iger indicated from the get-go when the merger closed that the franchise wasn’t in danger of losing its R-rated status.

Levy and Reynolds, who co-wrote the script with veteran Deadpool scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, along with writer Zeb Wells, also faced the challenge of having to shut down production during last year’s labor strikes.

Production resumed in November when the SAG-AFTRA walkout was settled, and they were able to meet their summer release date.

Deadpool & Wolverine looks to be the balm they needed, as well as the second major box office win for Disney’s film empire after Inside Out 2, which has cleared the $1 billion mark after opening to $154 million domestically, the biggest start of the year to date.

The original article contains 441 words, the summary contains 195 words. Saved 56%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!