• Ragdoll X@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

You’d be surprised at just how little the average voter knows about politics. There’s a reason a lot of people wish politics would go back to being boring and not something everyone talked about.

• Sir_Kevin@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 days ago

Indeed. Pretty much everyone I know over the age of 50 gets all of their news from Fox/CNN and maybe facebook. They’re oblivious and make up the majority of the people that actually go and vote.

• Omega@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

A couple days ago, new evidence came out about Trump’s pedophilia. I have yet to hear about it in mainstream media.

Jane Doe vs Trump & Epstein. All of the corroborating depositions are out there. Nobody cares for some reason.

• Ragnarok314159@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

About goddamn time. We heard more about Hunter Biden’s dick than how Trump rapes kids the last seven years.

The media wants Trump back in power. He generated so many clicks for them.

• Syrc@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

Afaik, it’s not really that clear.

I mean, it’s pretty clear Trump was very close with Epstein, and that already paints a very bad picture, but it seems like the whole Jane Doe case never got anywhere, and no one is sure she even exists.

• TexMexBazooka@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

The fox news affect. My mother thought all of these policies were coming from democrats, for some fucking reason

• psmgx@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

Plenty of them are informed, and DGAF.

Tribalism and decades right wing propaganda mean that they’ll vote for anyone on the GOP ticket, even when they are clearly terrible and debatably conservative.

• capital@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

I was so naive so as to think there was no way we’d elect Trump.

Now I just assume we’ll do the dumbest thing on offer.

• Billiam@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

Trump got too many votes in 2016, and even more than that in 2020, and you’re surprised at how uninformed American voters are?

• ImADifferentBird@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

Our press is too busy with far more important issues than Trump’s advisors plotting a fascist takeover of the country. You know, like Biden being old.