I’ve been on Tidal for years, but it’s frustrating to use for lots of reasons (they only pay their artists slightly better than Spotify, streaming services are flaky, works poorly with my DLNA home speakers). I’m looking for something I can selfhost with the following features, and I would appreciate any suggestions in this direction:

• integrates with downloading services (nzbget and qbittorrent; or better yet prowlarr)
  • has a suggestions/radio/mix feature, or integrates well with something that does. I currently use jellyseerr for other kinds of media, so something in that vein.
  • has a mobile app which lets me download all the tracks I want, or integrates with one that does. Big bonus points if the mobile app can play to DLNA speakers.

A bit about my lab:

• Proxmox-based, lots of VMs and containers on 2 different cluster nodes. Lots of underprovisioned RAM in the cluster. Nodes run Fedora and I’m partial to quadlets, but I can convert anything to a quadlet if I need to.
  • Airvpn port tunneling is available to me.

TIA!

• Bluefruit@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

I personally really liked using jellyfin and finamp. Both were pretty great once i figured out how to set it up lol.

The issues i had were due to my lack of knowledge and trying to set things up to use it outside of my home network. Jellyfin itself was great as was finamp when i used them.

• xantoxis@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

Thanks! Yeah, figuring out how to get gluetun working properly with a vpn and downloaders was a chore and a half. Glad I got that sorted, now I feel pretty confident I can punch a mobile app through into the network pretty easily.

• Bluefruit@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        26 days ago

Yea the real fun is always the set up when selfhosting. Then you look for the next project lol.

Im not familiar with gluetun, is that what you’re using to download tracks or something?

• xantoxis@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          26 days ago

Gluetun is kind of a wrapper around wireguard or openvpn, that greatly simplifies setup and configurability.

I have a VM that runs wireguard to airvpn, in a container made of gluetun. Then you share that container’s network with a qbittorrent container (or pick your torrent) and an nzbget container (or pick your nzb downloader). Tada, your downloaders are VPN’d forever.

• Bluefruit@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            26 days ago

Ah ok, thats pretty cool. I dont do much torrenting anymore cause my internet is not only limited but is kinda slow and unsteady.

Might check that out once im back in civilization with a decent connection. I miss gigabit speeds man.