• Cosmonauticus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 days ago

I will never understand EA and 2k’s grip on sports fans. They release the same unpolished bullshit game every year with more micro transactions and less features.

It’s like watching ppl line up for a punch in the face

• Demdaru@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

Looking at bruce and concisely in your responses…there’s two wolves inside of you

• BruceTwarzen@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      19 days ago

I have a friend who buys all of these games at launch and i’m just as confused. He told me that he brought the new one and before the day one patch, the menu was from the last years game, wrong year and everything. The bugs apparently are in every game the same, because it’s just the same game. I was playing elden ring one day and saw that he was online playing fifa. I asked him to stream the game on discord, because the last fifa game i owned was 98 and i was curious. So i was playing elden ring with the fifa sound and i was looking over every now and then what’s happening.

After only 10 or 15 minutes i got pretty sick of the commentators, using the same phrases over and over again.

People buy it because of the new players and players who switched teams. All EA has to do is edit a text file that says: Ronaldo = Inter Milan or whatever. (Not really, but that’s kinda what they do. I don’t understand how you not feel scammed. The game doesn’t even look that great.

• Blizzard@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        19 days ago

So, to summarize, your expertise comes from playing a previous game in the series 26 years ago and listening to the new game commentary + peeking at a friend’s gameplay stream from time to time in a space of 10 to 15 minutes while simultaneously playing a completely different game?

EDIT: Typos

• conciselyverbose@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

NBA 2K is terrible. Gross, sloppy basketball that isn’t a sim of anything.

But Madden, FIFA are actually good sports sims that aren’t the same game every year. They’re the same sport, obviously, but the actual mechanics of the games continue to be refined, and it’s pretty obvious at more than the very casual level of play.

They don’t get the same development on game modes as they used to, because ultimate team has sucked up a lot of that. That’s shit. But the actual sport, why a lot of enthusiasts buy it? That only gets static once they run out of power on the consoles they’re targeting.