• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    26 days ago

The lack of decades on every x axis other than the bottom bothers me. This is not a cool guide.

• MajorHavoc@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

Normally that indicates that all the x axis are the same. If that’s not true here, then that’s an issue. But I don’t see any indication that it’s not.

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        26 days ago

The axis being so far away, even if they are all the same, makes it difficult for the reader to line up where the peaks are, though some are easy to get from contextual clues (~1945 for War movies for example).

• MajorHavoc@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          25 days ago

Yeah. Good point. I’ve seen this with just two stacked graphs and not minded. But it makes the trends in the top graphs here pretty inaccessible.

• veroxii@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

So which category are the marvel/“every obscure comic character gets their own file series” films?

Fantasy? Thriller?

• xkbx@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

Think of thrillers more like rollercoaster rides - they’re fun because they’re exciting and sometimes scary

Horror is more like haunted houses, they’re fun because they’re scary, which is sometimes exciting

This is the interesting thing about genres - they’re often abstract and can blur definitions easily. The same way we don’t consider a hot dog or a pop tart a sandwich, even though you can often find the definition of a sandwich in each.

• The_Worst@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

Horror is blood and gore. Thriller is scary (ghosts etc) but no (or only little) blood.

• AlexisFR@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Can you please slow down with the reposted drivel? This one even got removed by the mods on Reddit, FFS!

• Nounka@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

I wish they would make some new good westerns. It is like all new stuff that is made is so ‘remake’ or ‘next number’.