• The Pantser@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

No matter the tool (AI, computers, guns, cars, hydraulic presses) there will be somebody who abuses it,

Hydraulic press channel guy offended you somehow? I’m missing something here.

• Pennomi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

No, just an example. But if you’ve ever noticed the giant list of safety warnings on industrial machinery, you should know that every single one of those rules was written in blood.

• 0x0@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        23 days ago

Either Darwin awards or assholes, most likely. Those warnings are written due to fear of lawsuit.

• hendrik ✅@palaver.p3x.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        16 days ago

However this tool doesn’t have any safety warnings written on it. The App they used specifically caters for use-cases like this. They advertise to use it unmorally and we have technology to tell age from pictures for like 10 years. And they deliberately chose to have their tool generate pictures of like 13 yo girls. In the tool analogy that’s like selling a jigsaw that you’re very well aware of, misses some well established safety standards and is likely to injure someone. And it’s debatable whether it was made to cut wood anyways, or just injure people.
        And the rest fits, too. No company address, located in some country where they can’t be persecuted… They’re well aware of the use-case of their App.

• Ookami38@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

I don’t think they’re offended. I think they’re saying that a tool is a tool. A gun or AI are only dangerous if misused, like a hydraulic press.

We can’t go around removing the tools because some people will abuse them. Any tool can kill someone.