Hi, I’ve been using Instander for some time, but even the early beta is outdated by now, and doesn’t work correctly. Does anyone have any recommendations on good Instagram mods? I know about AeroInsta, Honista, MyInsta and few others, but not sure which are safe.

PS: please tell me if this isn’t the right community for this question, I’m not sure but it seems like the best one PPS: I know precisely how bad instagram is, and I still want/need to use it, so please don’t waste your time telling me that.

• Fonzie!@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I never checked the website’s functionality, but the app just serves me something that looks 1:1 like Insta’s mobile site, plus Instagram’s first party ads. I got the impression it was just an Electron browser with adblock pre-installed

• stepan@lemmy.cafeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

That’s really weird. I included the link just in case we were talking about different mods both named MyInsta. For me, MyInsta is a normal mod of Instgram’s android app, very similar to Instander or Aeroinsta (and probably others, I haven’t tried them)