• rottingleaf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Ancap does not allow murder, but ancap also doesn’t protect patents and trademarks, so from stage one a monopoly can’t form. In some perspective it can.

Although for the record I don’t hate anarcho capitalism, I just think it’s more of an ideal. A more realistic but comparable system would include a government to protect union rights and prevent oligarchical behaviors while still being mostly hands off on an industry with a Union, letting the union enforce safety and related guidelines.

This is what just a bit under half of ancaps think.

Almost all other ancaps want panarchy, which is more or less the same, but involves a central entity to prevent outright mass violence, while all other functionality is under exterritorial jurisdictions under it.

There’s a negligible minority of complete idealists.

• FlorianSimon@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

That is minarchism. Still fails as a society model at every metric we judge a good society model with, but you aren’t an anarchist. You just like the folklore because it sounds cool.

• Ragnarok314159@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Dude is just a different flavor of typical Neo-Lib conservatism. Just tries to pretend to be something else while voting straight R in every election

• jorp@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I once spoke to someone who comes across as libertarian at my workplace and asked them why their resistance to oppression and authoritarianism by the state doesn’t extend to the economy, in that private owners run fiefdoms and both oppress and dictate the actions of their laborers.

The answer was that “I guess I just think there’ll always be some oppression”

This is the kind of critical thinking we’re usually dealing with. These people will lick boots as long as they’re not democratically elected and instead just inherited or purchased. They are OK with dictators and kings as long as there’s no DIRECT violence, no matter the actual harm and violence done to the working class.

Mine work should be a valid career path for children not wanting to go to secondary school