Rewatching The Expanse for the nth time. It always cracks me up to see Bobby Draper stuffing those cucumber sandwiches into her face. Do you want some?

• Dymonika@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I couldn’t get past the first two episodes; they were so slow and boring. Were they the worst of the whole thing?

• the_frumious_bandersnatch@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Honestly, the whole first season can be a bit of a slog. It doesn’t really pick up until the storylines converge which is like episode 8.

But, it absolutely pays off with the rest of the series.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yup. I originally skipped to the last two episodes of season one, after trying to get through the first couple. Then the show was one of my favorites.

• Che Banana@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yes. Absolutely yes.

I was in the same boat…could not get into the whole “space cop with fedora”.

Finally after the 3rd or 4th try I got to episode 4 and damn…if that dude didn’t have one of the best storylines, I forgave him for wearing the hat.

The series does have a few loose ends that didn’t make sense, but fwiw it’s a great series to watch…tough out the first couple episodes and you’ll be fine.

• the_frumious_bandersnatch@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

The show follows the book series faithfully through the first six books. The loose ends tie into the story arch of the last three books. But I think they ended the show at a really good place because the last arch takes a turn toward the “fantastic” which is still good but feels very different from the rest.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

CQB, the third episode is what gets a lot of people hooked.

But it still doesn’t explain much about what’s going on, that takes the whole of season 1, so it varies a lot for people how much they have to push through to get into it.

I was hooked on episode one, the respect for orbital physics with that first flip and burn told me I was in for a ride.