• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Hmmmmm…how about we change the nominee from Harris to someone else just as the bots come back online. Only to do it again, and again, and again, only to last minute “SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKERS!!! IT WAS HARRIS THIS WHOLE TIME!!!”

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I’m here! Not going anywhere because this year has been kind of expensive. I just watched a video of a woman making mushroom soup inside a watermelon over a fire, and like, why?

• Pronell@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I love that it’s how soups and stews used to be made.

Cut open a gourd, scoop out the stuff you don’t want, throw in some other stuff, and put the thing over a fire to cook.

Watermelon mushroom soup, however, does not sound tasty.

• Pronell@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

They didn’t have a pumpkin, so they substituted in a watermelon and intend to leave a bad review for the recipe.

• Crackhappy@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

This is how I cook. I try new things then leave a bad review for myself when it doesn’t turn out tasty.

• Pronell@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

My wife says there’s a recipe for a reason, but to me a recipe is just a starting point.

• Crackhappy@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                2 months ago

A recipe is just a vague suggestion. The true adventure is trying to figure out how to integrate durian into every meal.

• sunzu@kbin.run
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Biden coup is over… We are back to normal.

There was a huge spike in activity over last few weeks. Felt very reddit

• neidu2@feddit.nlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Spending the holiday at home. Started a new job (well, same job, new employer) recently, so there was a bit of uncertainty about my work schedule, so we decided to take it easy at home, and instead go visit family up north when the kids have vacation from school in October.

I don’t mind the delay, I just wish we could’ve done it in the summer instead - I haven’t had a proper Arctic summer in years. It doesn’t feel like summer to me when the sun sets before 23:00

• verity_kindle@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Well, good luck on finding the right pants and on the interview. You sound more well adjusted than 1/3 of the highly paid professionals I endured when I worked in an office.

• Synapse@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

If I was on holiday I wouldn’t be much on Lemmy. But I am at “work” and I am in severe shitpost withdrawal !

• Thorny_Insight@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

If only being on holiday meant that I’d be less online. If anything, it’s the opposite.

For me bussines has been quiet for a few weeks and I haven’t gotten many calls from customers, so here I’m.

• Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

No annual leave till september-october. I hate the crowded summer season, so usually work most of the summer. Its quiet anyways.

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

This reminds me of my Aunt trying to tell me in 2020 “Oh, you should go to NYC right now! It’s great because everything is closed because everyone has Covid.”

and I said “But…then I’d just be in a big city where everything is closed, and everyone has covid.”

This at a time before the vaccine came out, and Covid was still very much a deadly threat. Yeah, my aunt is USUALLLY smart. She didn’t think that comment through at all.

• JohnSmith@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Currently on holiday in the Cotswolds, UK. So long you stay away from the main touristy spots it’s good, even though we are in the middle of the tourist season.