• 0 Posts
  • 7 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: July 26th, 2023

help-circle

• That only really works if there are funds to pay for it. These firefighters are making $15 (per the article) for doing hot, labor-intensive work in dangerous environment and conditions. It’s hard to get recruitment numbers up for work like that without good pay. Bonuses can help, but it doesn’t sound like they are paying enough to attract the labor they need.

The article also says retention is hard and one of their biggest problems is the lack of ‘experienced’ firefighters. It’s definitely going to be tough to keep people coming back at pay rates that are less than what minimum wage would be if it had kept up with inflation.

• Article is paywalled. Is this an OTA update or a true recall where you have to take the vehicle in?

There really needs to be a differentiation. I’ve had a Tesla for years and seen about a dozen articles about recalls, but have never had a hardware issue. All of the software issues are updated automatically when I’m on a Wi-Fi network and are usually done way before I hear about the “recall”.

If I need to take my car in for a hardware issue, I want to know as soon as possible.