• Doxatek@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I don’t know how they think I could afford subscriptions for every object in my life. There’s no way

• beefbot@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Well… they don’t think about you at all except for wanting to squeeze money out of you. If that takes literally squeezing you in a hydraulic press they’d do it as long as the penalty was financial (not jail time for the CEO) but also that the penalty cost was less than the profit they got from murdering you.

This is how every company is now, every billionaire. It sounds like an extreme thought, yes, but … the absolute ultimate greed is also extreme 🤷‍♂️

• BarbecueCowboy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

To be fair… I read the whole interview a few days ago, she was kind of pushed into this statement. The idea from the CEO was presented as a high-end luxury mouse that you’d treat like a fancy watch you could just repair and never need to replace. The closest we got to Logitech saying this was the interviewer asking if they could ever see a subscription being attached to the mouse and the CEO saying ‘possibly’ and then implying that it could be something like a maintenance/repair contract so that you would never have to worry about your mouse.

This whole ordeal was mostly just poor form in interviewing where the interviewer pushed the interviewee into a statement that they knew would be good clickbait.

• Pyr_Pressure@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Unless it were like $0.20 a month which is equivalent to buying a $25 every ten years, there’s no point.

But they will probably try and charge something stupid like $5 a month or $10 a month for their supreme collectors edition package.

• ArchRecord@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

And even then, I’d rather not have to keep paying for a subscription that could stop and brick my mouse at any time when they decide to “consolidate their product offerings” like Spotify did with the Car Thing. (plus, card fees would mean they’d actually be losing $0.05-$0.10 or more off the purchase price every time your card gets charged, at that price point)