• RubberDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Nonsense design vanity project made for toddler CEO underperforms in comparison to actual pickup designed and built by manufacturer of the top selling pickup… who would have guessed.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

It has to be a sand race because the Cybertruck gets completely disabled from moisture.

• mean_bean279@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

A cyber truck had a major malfunction and stopped working because it went into a car wash without being in “car wash” mode. The joke is that Cybertrucks cannot get wet.

• Thorny_Insight@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Ah… If I remember correctly; not being in a carwash mode caused the screen to freeze and because of a bug the hard reset took hours instead of minutes. The car was back up and running the next day and I believe the bug has been patched as well

EDIT: Imagine the bubble you’re in when downvoting factual information is the norm.

• Lianodel@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I do appreciate the fact that the Cybertruck was so clearly designed by someone who had no idea how to design a car, and that it’s Musk’s pet project. It really drives another nail in the coffin of the idea that he deserves all the credit for the work his companies do.

Then again, his most die-hard supporters draw no distinction between ownership and labor. They’re also somehow able to look at a Cybertruck and think “Wow!” rather than “Wow, is this some kind of a joke?”

• jaschen@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Not a Tesla fan but this is a stupid article. Driving on sand is 100% driver skills and tires. You could have a McLaren and a smart car with sand tires and the smart would win all day.

• abracaDavid@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

That’s just not true. Sand is a power hog. Sucks up horsepower like nobody’s business. You gotta have some juice to move with wheels effectively.

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

You are right thanks for the correction. I misinterpreted this line

However, I’ve got to think here the big differentiator here was the Lightning’s all-wheel-drive system, which is almost certainly better at tacking loose surfaces than the Cybertruck’s.