• brian@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

You know, in recent weeks it’s become clear to me that I needed to unite my party in this critical endeavor. I believe my record as president, my leadership in the world, my vision for America’s future all merited a second term, but nothing, nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy, and that includes personal ambition.

So I’ve decided the best way forward is to pass the torch to a new generation. That’s the best way to unite our nation. I know there is a time and a place for long years of experience in public life, but there’s also a time and a place for new voices, fresh voices, yes, younger voices, and that time and place is now.

• [email protected]@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

He’s given the description of something with fins and teeth, but that could be any number of animals. Typically, a gargantuan decision like this isn’t made unless there’s a similarly massive realization. Did advisors say his polls were unfavorable? Were donors pulling out? Did he come to terms with his age? Was his party begging for his retirement?

I’m not looking for souls lore and feelings in abstract, I’m asking for events.