• RebekahWSD@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I tried to recreate a dish from a video game, and it worked! (mostly).

More importantly it was also delicious.

• kindenough@kbin.earth
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Haha, just fishing for an answer…I was curious what dish you had prepared. The digital version looks quite unhealthy though. Yours looks much better.

I really like stew, I live in a part of the Netherlands where we eat a traditional stew called Zoervleis. I bet you can make it easily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoervleis

• RebekahWSD@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Digital version of the country stew pie must be a second day dish, as it never got so thick it could mound up like in the first photo! Family told me it was very thick the second day…but they ate the leftovers before I could make a more accurate photo!

The zoervleis looks really good! I’ll have to find a recipe and try it!

• kindenough@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

My father came to visit me, and his girlfriend didn’t drink herself shit-faced this time. I told them we dislike it after their last visit when we had to carry her out again. They didn’t even drink much.

• JamesTBagg@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Over the weekend taught the girlfriend how to ride her new motorcycle. Hours in a parking lot over the weekend. Watched her go from, “I’m not sure I can turn around in this parking lot.” To me asking, “You turning inside those cones just to show off now?”
    Much improved clutch control, turning confidence, first ride to the bar, first highway ride. Was fun watching those drastic improvements with two days of cone work.